As of 1 July 2015 the Legal Profession Uniform Law legislation will commence. This will regulate the legal profession across the two jurisdictions, governing matters such as practising certificate types and conditions, maintaining and auditing of trust accounts, continuing professional development requirements, complaints handling processes, billing arrangements and professional discipline issues. Read more
- Each CPD year, a practitioner must, unless exempted in whole or in part, complete at least 10 CPD units.
- The CPD rules state that solicitors who are required to undertake CPD, must complete as part of their CPD obligations at least one (1) CPD unit in each of the core area below every year:
- Ethics and Professional Responsibility
- Professional Skills
- Substantive law
- Practice Management and Business Skills
- VIC practitioners, may claim 1 CPD unit per hour of private study, including seminar audio and video recordings, to a maximum of 5 units in any CPD year
- Attending a live online web seminar entitles a practitioner to claim the same number of points as attending the seminar in person.
For full details on the Victorian CPD rules please visit the Law Institute of Victoria.
sign up to our updates
To keep informed of our upcoming seminars that are right for you
"Very informative, useful and practical seminar, very relevant."
Delegate - Retail and Commercial Leasing Masterclass, Perth, November 2017
, Retail and Commercial Leasing MasterclassRead more testimonials